Cozy and Functional
Photos Courtesy of Juliet Braly / By Med Dement
1. These alabaster cabinets feature modified shaker doors and a cheerful turquoise accent that brightens the space near the deep farmhouse sink. The Glacier-patterned windowpanes in the specialty dish cupboard allow for any distinctive or heirloom dishware to be set on display.
2. A unique, eye-catching hexagonal tile pattern completes the backsplash beneath the accent cupboard, while 3×6 Sonoma tile brings lightness to the backsplash behind the sink and eat-in breakfast bar. The windowsills also feature full tile, creating extra depth for storage of herbs and potted houseplants.
3. The entire kitchen is outfitted with sleek Negresco granite countertops that feature a leathered finish as well as an eased edge, which is a great option for safety and pleasing aesthetics. The rounded eat-in breakfast bar beneath the window is excellent for a quick morning meal with a view.
4. Appliances in this kitchen were chosen with frequent home cooks in mind. Next to the sink is a double oven with a convection feature, and the Kitchen-Aid dishwasher has three racks – great for someone who’s been using up dishes for a big meal. The spacious refrigerator has a water dispenser inside instead of on the door, which provides a sleeker, more streamlined appearance.
5. The Mannington luxury sheet vinyl flooring features a filigree pattern, which adds stylish flair and perfectly complements the hexagonal-tiled backsplash seen above the countertop.
Cabinetry Design: Juliet Braly Interior Design | Interior Designer: Juliet Braly Interior Design | Appliances, Lighting, & Plumbing Fixtures: Ferguson | Builder: Jon Brewer, J. Brewer and Associates | Cabinetry: Classic Cabinetry | Countertops & Tile: Stone Source | Floors: Davis Floor Coverings | Glass Inserts: Independent Glass