Photos by Creative Revolver
Functional and Chic
1. A variety of features elevate this kitchen’s impressive cabinetry, much of which is flat panel maple wood coated in white icing paint. A combination of wall cabinets, floating shelves, and drawers complete with cutlery dividers maximize the space and take into account the room’s varied ceiling heights. Knotty alder wood cabinets with a harvest bronze ebony glaze bring a rustic warmth to the room.
2. Vertical tray dividers above the oven and roll-outs in the buffet area make organizing and accessing important items a breeze. Two separate trash receptacles built into the buffet area accommodate cleanup and entertaining, while an appliance garage to the right keeps clunky items off of the counters.
3. The kitchen’s expansive island, complete with a farmhouse sink, truly makes the room an ultimate gathering place. Six stools tuck neatly beneath an overhang, allowing family and friends to participate in crafting a meal. To one side of the seating is an extra-deep cabinet, designed to easily store large mixing bowls, stock pots, and oversized platters.
4. Fantasy brown granite countertops with eased edges provide ample room for cooking. Meanwhile, 2×8-inch Loft tiles in gloss white create a homey backsplash bringing more light into the room.
5. State-of-the-art appliances are scattered throughout the kitchen. A Subzero 30-inch fridge and 24-inch freezer blend in with the existing cabinetry. The appliance lineup is completed with a Wolf 30-inch wall oven, warming drawer, drop down door microwave, and 36-inch range complemented by a shiplap hood. An Asko dishwasher provides the perfect cleaning solution after an evening of cooking and entertaining.
Cabinetry Design: Kris Keith, Classic Cabinetry
Appliances, Lighting and Plumbing Fixtures: Ferguson
Builder: Dream Builders
Countertops and Tile: Stone Source, Inc.